Saturday 10 May 2014

Some bad news and some good news Elizabeth!

With Elizabeth sunning herself back in the UK, I have to transmit some bad news...

Our first strawberry that I have been waiting to ripen. Well...
It is rotten...

The further bad news or is it good!!! The rest of 2 tonnes is starting to ripen... It is a case of Yum Yum and Ohhhh Noooo.

We are still eating last years frozen ones... Anyone want to make some jam, we have plenty of frozen strawberries and you are most welcome to them.

The good news on the other hand is we have our first 'accidental' new potatoes.

These two plants are from last years planting, along with several others which I have dug up and moved.

But to my surprise when I dug the one furthest away to move it...

Just enough new potatoes to have with my salmon for tonight's meal. Interestingly the other plant had nothing bigger than a pin head. That one was moved, if they make anything it will be a bonus...

Event!!
The Grande Vente Emmaus, at Chatellerault is on next weekend 16,17 & 18 May held as usual in the Parc d'Expo. See you there...

2 comments:

GaynorB said...

Sorry but you won't be seeing us there! If only...

Frozen strawberries, yes please, if you have any left by the time we get there.

As for Elizabeth sunning herself, I doubt that very much. If she comes back brown it will either be dirt, or rust!!! ;o))

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Gaynor... How right you are!! If I'm going any colour at all, it's green - with envy!! I've just bought myself a punnet of strawberries, only to see those back home... ARGHH!!! (and yes to the frozen strawbs, Gaynor!)