Sunday 21 April 2013

Flying Solo...

Yesterday I flew back to the UK for a week, leaving Colin holding the fort on his own....

Before I left I quickly took some photos of the garden so I can enjoy it from afar, though the more cynical among you may suspect it's to check how much work Colin does whilst I'm away!

The blossom on the fruit trees was at its best yesterday.. Here's our beloved plum tree, still propped up on its stake.. See here for the full story

The loud buzzing in the cherry trees is a good sign. The bees are busy pollinating the flowers for us

Our pear trees look to have a fair amount of blossom despite their age and condition

The ornamental cherries at the side of the house are at their best now

And the strawberry bed.... Well, what can I say? Anyone got any spare jam jars?!

The rest of the strawberries are tucked away behind this artichoke..and the fruits are already showing..

Well, Colin, I know you've got lots of planting planned so I won't keep you!! Enjoy your week without me nagging.....

2 comments:

Craig said...

That strawberry patch looks very well organized and kept. Looks like you'll have a brilliant crop as long as you have a decent summer of course. Enjoy your holiday Elizabeth.
Get off that couch Colin and get cracking...

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Your a slave driver Craig!!