Tuesday 22 January 2013

Beaten to it...

When I blogged about my camera remote shutter release and posted pictures of birds taken with the camera and tripod sited closer to the subject, I mentioned my desire to try to photograph the Blue Jay. Unfortunately the showery windy weather has not been conducive to putting the camera outside. So no progress there then...

However with my procrastination I have been beaten to this by Elizabeth and her new camera.


These were taken through the salon window and given the distance the bird was from the window, I don't think they are too bad.

But I will try to improve on them!

3 comments:

Tim said...

The Blue Jay* is an American bird, Colin... Unless you are referring to the first bird, all I can say is that you've got a very, very powerful telephoto!!
Tip... turn Autofocus off and manually focus on a likely spot... and wait... you do get a sharper picture.
Second picture is the most classic pose.
*[European]Jay (Garrulus glandarius) Geai des Chênes

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Thanks Tim. I have always referred to the Jay as blue, obviously incorrectly. Elizabeth's camera is only the small cannon ixus but it does have 12x optical zoom. To Elizabeth 'auto' is a swear word.

Diane said...

Great shots. I have a new camera so I am hoping that I can improve on my bird photos when the weather improves. Diane