Friday 7 September 2012

Taken back in Time!

At Richelieu's Fête de la Locomotion on Saturday last I was very surprised to see several models of cars that I had owned over the years...

This one though was nearly a perfect match to the one I owned. Same colour, same engine size, the only difference being the driving side...

I certainly owned it in 1975 as one of the memories I have is of travelling back from Gairloch in the North West Highlands of Scotland after our summer holiday. It will have been August and my wife Janice was driving back down the M6 when we were stopped by the police for going at a reasonable pace!

My daughter Sarah was born in September of that year so Janice was very heavy with child... It was this that prevented us from a speeding fine... All Janice got was a lecture...

I also remember spending hours respraying it... yes, the same colour of course...

Memories... 

The car was a bright yellow Ford Capri exactly like the one below.



So Sarah ask your Mum if she remembers...

No comments: