Tuesday 31 January 2012

Creative Elizabeth...

If you have followed our blog for any length of time you will be aware of Elizabeth's creative talents. Today she regressed to her childhood and created this fine sculpture in our garden.


Well children will play won't they...

Another of  Elizabeth's many talents is sewing. Here's a couple of garments she knocked together recently...


The first is a baby dress... All we want now is a baby to wear it. How do we get one of those? Its been a long time!


The second is a little more sophisticated a work of art in fact. Elizabeth your talents never cease to amaze me!

9 comments:

GaynorB said...

Absolutely beautiful clothes, Elizabeth. Bravo!You are quite a talent ...

Diane said...

The clothes are really good. I wish I could get a room where I could work without having to put everything away all the time. I am still hoping that my room in the barn just may be finished this year. It has a ceiling!!

We had lot of rain last night and all our snow was washed away - no snowmen :( Diane

Femme Francophile said...

'Knocked together'! LOL Only a man would say that for these gorgeous creations.

Anonymous said...

Wow Elizabeth...they're lovely. Well done.

SP

Colin and Elizabeth said...

Thank you, Gaynor. I've always loved sewing despite being severely chastised at Junior school. We were supposed to be hemming a square of fabric to make a table cloth. I figured there was a limit to the number of table cloths you might need in life, so I made a dress for my teddy out of the fabric instead. The teacher wasn't impressed.

Colin and Elizabeth said...

There's nothing quite like a snowman to make you smile... and mine was nothing quite like a snowman!!

Colin and Elizabeth said...

You're very kind; thanks!

Colin and Elizabeth said...

I'm enjoying having a bit of time to sew before the planting season starts and we're fully occupied outside again!

Jean said...

It's a beautiful dress, Elizabeth and I hope to see you modelling it later this year !!
(I think I might have just the right thing to go with it.......)