Wednesday 19 October 2011

Forest Fungi

One of my favourite subjects to photograph is fungi. There are so many shapes, colours and stages to capture but the one endearing quality is that they all stand still, which is always a plus with me!

Our walk on Sunday through the Forest of Preuilly was punctuated with pauses to get a shot of yet another specimen. Here are a few of them which I hope you'll enjoy...

I don't profess to be able to name many fungi, so I'll play fair and name none of them! Suffice it to say they looked wonderful in the dappled sunlight!


 The following couple have a euro coin on top of them to give an idea of scale

 






 

And finally, its always good to get a different angle on the subject...



I guess I'm something of a fungi fanatic.. but hey! there are far worse things to be!

No comments: